Thursday, October 25, 2007

U2's "Joshua Tree" Turns 20!


We interrupt the flow of CMJ coverage for this important newsflash:

OMG! I'm old!

I bought "The Joshua Tree" when it originally came out in 1987. Okay, my Mom had to buy it for me - thanks Mom!

Now, 20 years later U2 are getting ready to celebrate the mega album that brought us monster hits like "With Or Without You", "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

We all know how Bono and the guys work. They don't do things in small ways so on November 20th, our favorite Dubliners are releasing the remasterd disc in not one but FOUR different formats:

1 - regular old CD with liner notes, lyrics and some unseen photos by Anton Corbijn

2 - a double 12 inch gatefold for all you vinylphiles

3 - deluxe edition with an extra CD full of b-sides and demos from the original recording sessions.

4- limited edition box set with 2 cds + a DVD featuring the Joshua Tree Live Tour at the Hippodrome in Paris and a nice little hardbound booklet.

I think I'll take what's behind Door #4, please!

No comments: