Tuesday, October 9, 2007

LCD Sound System @ Randall's Island


LCD Sound System joined in the Arcade Fire party by warming up the stage for the Canadian collective.

I'd never seen them live but I have had their latest Sound of Silver on heavy rotation in the She Writes Rock lair.

I was told that seeing them live would "blow my mind" and there were a few people at the show who admitted (quietly) that they were really there for LCD.

I completely understand now!!!

It was about halfway through the show, as the crowd was yelling along to "US V. Them", that I completely forgot about Arcade Fire and dived into the funky punk loveliness that is LCD Sound System!

As a little added bonus, they even brought out some Arcade Fire peeps to play with them. (There's a photo of Regine below)

"New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down" was incredible live and turned out to be my mantra as I limped my way off the field a couple of hours later and began the long journey home.

Home by 1:00 a.m. after about 11 hours on my feet.

Good times!

LCD Pics:







Arcade Fire's Regine joining in . . .

No comments: