They've compiled a list of songs that they think "changed the world".
Now, before you start pulling out your hair, frothing at the mouth and screaming "What were they thinking?" (like I did) notice that they are asking for
They'll post a "List of the People" on June 29th.
Take a look at the list and then join me in some random ranting and raving.
My issues . . . besides the "changed the world" tag are:
- Joni Mitchell - "Help Me" : Yes, it's a good song but hello - "Big Yellow Taxi" has really stood the test of time and is still incredibly eco-relevant.
- Bob Dylan - Trade "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" for "Subterranean Homesick Blues" or "Blowin' in the Wind".
- Yes, thank you for including The Sex Pistols but no "London Calling" from The Clash? Aaargh!!!
- If you're gonna talk about playing hard and the birth of metal where's Sabbath?
- I'm sure Lou Reed is out there writing a whole album right now on how Velvet Underground's "Heroin" changed the world. I don't buy it and I won't buy it.
- How did they come to decide on "Strawberry Fields" for the necessary late-era Beatles songs? "Let it Be" didn't look as pretty on the page?
- Did "Louie Louie" change the world or just allow a lot of government types to put in for overtime?
- Don't even get me started on #39 - Britney Spears! (When I first read the list and got to that part, I was so
Rant over . . . back to whatever your regular programming is!