Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scorsese to Helm George Harrison Docu


He's taken on The Band (The Last Waltz), Bob Dylan (No Direction Home) and the Rolling Stones (Shine a Light) but now Martin Scorsese (that's Marty to us here in the 212/646/718 etc.) is set to direct a docu on the life of quiet Beatle George.

The project has been sanctioned by Harrison's widow Olivia so I guess that means we'll get lots of things with the "never before seen" tag attached.

I have to admit that I went through a love affair with all the Beatles at different times in my life.

Ringo - little kid (I loved the song "Yellow Submarine"!)
Paul - teenage years
John - art school

But, I have to say that George wins the title of my forever favorite Beatle which means that I'll be waiting VERY impatiently for this one to get made.

Hurry up Marty!!!

In other George news, I'm reading "Wonderful Tonight" by Patti Boyd (wife to Harrison and also Eric Clapton). She was behind George's "Something" and Eric's "Layla" and "Wonderful Tonight".

It's a good picture of the swinging 60s in London without being salacious or tacky when it comes to dealing with the men in her life.

Little more George . . .

No comments: