Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lily Allen @ Roseland Ballroom


Contrary to some reports Lily Allen put on a good show on Tuesday.

She didn't stumble around though she did smoke on stage. Lily, watch out for those fines the smoking police will hit you with!

She did use lyric sheets at time but she didn't try to hide it. Hey, better to laugh at yourself than have others laugh at you!

And, no she wasn't "hours" late. She went on at about 9:30 p.m. after her two opening acts.

Was she the most dynamic performer I've ever seen? No, but I had fun and I didn't go in looking for an Arcade Fire experience.

Lily was VERY talkative.

Here's some of her more interesting quotes:

On New Yorkers: "You guys are quite obviously the coolest in the country."

On New York: "It's as English as anywhere in America."

On Amy Winehouse: "Anyone who thinks that I hate Amy Winehouse is mistaken. That bitch and I are down!"

On drug use: "Personally, I don't smoke crack."

On what "Not Big" is about : "This is a song about a boyfriend with a small dick who broke my heart."

At the end of the show, Lily noticed a stalker fan who had been at all of her New York gigs. Lucky bastard got invited up on stage.



No comments: